FAQ - Electronic Cigarettes
1. What is the Electronic Cigarette? An electronic cigarette, also known as an e-cigarette or personal vaporizer, is a battery-powered device that provides inhaled doses of nicotine by way of a vaporized solution. It is an alternative to smoked tobacco products, such as cigarettes, cigars, or pipes. In addition to purported nicotine delivery, this vapor also provides a flavor and physical sensation similar to that of inhaled tobacco smoke, while no tobacco, smoke, or combustion is actually involved in its operation. An electronic cigarette usually takes the form of some manner of elongated tube, though many are designed to resemble the outward appearance of real smoking products, like cigarettes, cigars, and pipes.
2. How does electonic cigarette work? The Electronic Cigarette works in the following way: the user inhales on the electronic cigarette, this causes an air flow sensor to signal to the inbuilt microprocessor to activate the atomizer. The atomizer converts the e-liquid nicotine in the cartridge/clearomizer into a vapor using heat ( atomization).The vapor is inhaled by the user. Simultaneously, a water based vapor is released from the glycol by the atomizer to resemble ‘smoke'. This ‘smoke' has no risk to its user or persons around them.
3. What is in the Cartridge/ clearomizer? The base liquid of the cartridge is a mixture of liquid-nicotine, tobacco extract flavourings and Propylene glycol,know as e-liquid. The e-liquid contains no harmful chemicals, unlike a typical tobacco based cigarette. Basic difference between cartridge and clearomizer is refilling option. Cartridges usually come already prefilled with eliquid and their should be replace with new one after they are used. Clearomizer is a glass part with heating coil head. In most of the times empty and ready for easy refilling. You can use any e liquid type to easy refill your clearomizer. You do not need any extra tools to do that. It is simply and convienient procedure.
4.What powers the electronic cigarette device? A rechargeable lithium battery powers the electronic cigarette device.
5.How do I know when my battery is fully charged? All chargers come with a LED indicator which changes from red to green. The LED is usually red when you place a discharged battery into it, and will change to green when the battery is fully charged. Some people notice that the LED 'pulses' or gives very tiny blips of green whilst on red and charging. This is completely normal.
6. How long will a battery take to charge? For the majority of models, an initial charging time of 8 hours is recommended. After that, most models of electronic cigarettes take between two and three hours to charge on the mains charger. It may take slightly longer if charging through a USB charger, but this is not always the case. You should find that if you have bought a two battery starter kit, one battery can be charging while the other is in use.
7. What available methods for charging a battery? Most electronic cigarettes have three types of charger: A (electronic cigarette) AC charger, a (electronic cigarette) USB charger for your pc and (electronic cigarette) car charger. The USB charger can be used in your USB computer port, in a USB hub, or you can buy a USB cigarette lighter converter for your car. You can also buy a USB-to-mains adaptor for charging. You can also convert a USB charger to an 'on the move' option by buying a portable power pack (the pack usually charges through the USB on the computer).
8. Why do I need spare batteries? what power the electronic cigarette is lithium batteries, Lithium batteries permanently lose capacity over time. This is why electronic cigarette batteries have a relatively short life of 2-3 months. The electronic cigarettes are considered as consumables, hence the reason the electronic cigarette batteries need to be replaced.
9. What problem may happen to electronic cigarette? If you experience problems with your electronic cigarette battery i.e. the LED does not light up when you inhale on the electronic cigarette, this generally means the battery either needs a good charge or that the battery is faulty. Remember before going to bed disconnect the battery from the atomiser, batteries can drain over night as they are in standby mode when not being used. Most of the eGo type batteries have 5 click Power ON/OFF option. To turn on battery click promptly five times power button. You will see three short blinks on your Led button. Another five clicks will turn off you cigarette. Most of new cigarettes come in Switch off mode so you need to activate battery before first use.
10. Refilling clearomizers. Please unscrew clearomizer from the battery and then pour the liquid gently through the wall. In most models you are not allowed to use central hole - that is for the air flow purposes. Do not overfill clearomizer. For the first time users we would suggest fill clearomizer in half only. Make sure that the clearomizer is dry outside and there is no leaking. Give a few minutes to liquid go through the coil head. You can shake it as well. Put the clearomizer back to the battery and your cigarette is ready to go:)
11. What is e liquid ? This is a special liquid, which is used only in the electronic cigarette. While inhaling it heats and turns into mist. Liquid comprises a purified nicotine and a predetermined concentration of substances for creating a mist.
12. Is the synthetic nicotine used in e liquids ? Synthetic nicotine is not used in the preparation of our e -liquids . We are using natural products derived from tobacco leaves .
12/a. Is nicotine e liquids carcinogenic? E -liquids do not contain any carcinogenic compounds .
14. What about secondhand smoke? In Electronic cigarettes there is no combustion process and there is no tar . Components of cloud forms during exhalation and are indifferent to health. Trace amount of nicotine contained in that cloud quickly evaporates in the air.
15. Do e smokers maintained halitosis as after smoking? No. Such a phenomenon does not occur.
16. Does e-cigarette leaves smell in the room or on the clothes ? No. Electronic cigarette leaves no lasting odor
17. Can you overdose a nicotine? In theory, yes. In practice, taking the dose dangerous to health is virtually impossible. 18. How to store e liquid? E liquid should be tightly closed at room temperature and protected from light. IT MUST BE KEPT OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
19. Is the flavor in electronic cigarette the same as in traditional cigarette? No, but it can be close to it . It all depends on the type of fragrance in the e liquid.
20. Is the e cig satisfies cravings just like a normal cigarette? Yes, all of course depends on the chosen power of e liquid (nicotine strength). Initially, the e smokers can only feel the lack of substances formed during the combustion of tobacco. Matter of habit to Vaping depends on the individual circumstances .